Sunday 5 June 2011

Can someone make me pay each time I want to change my website, when I have already paid them?

I paid 380GBP for someone to design a website for my company. I want to change the prices on the website (of the goods I am selling), but the person who made the site refuses to do it unless I pay them for their time in changing the prices. Do I legally own the site, and can I change it myself.





I own the url, and I own the host site.





Please Help!|||Yes, they can charge you because they are a web designer. They took the time and paid the expense to become an expert in their field, so they should be paid for the time. As for you the %26quot;consumer%26quot; of those services; it would behoove you to learn how to change the prices yourself. It%26#039;s not as difficult as you think.





I would suggest paying the individual once more, and have them walk you through the process of updating your prices. The charge for them to update your pricing should be minimal because they aren%26#039;t revamping the site, they are simply making a few numerical changes to the code.|||You can do it yourself if you know how and have the password to change it. If you hire the person to make the change, you%26#039;d have to pay them for their time.





If you had someone design a website for you without the ability for you to add or change items, including prices, you made a serious mistake.