Sunday 5 June 2011

The wheres my refund website keeps changing?

Ok so I have been checking the website I filed and was accepted by 1/21 I had an original date of 2/9 for deposit and now it says 2/16. I called the IRS at this number 1-800-829-1954 and the automated message said the 2/16 did anybody else get this?|||Same thing for me., first they said 2/9 and now it is 2/16, I already received my State refund.|||I must admit I never paid this much attention to the where%26#039;s my refund on the irs website so I do not know about other years. What I have learned is that if it gives you a date and says they are processing your return, it is not the real date and can change many times. When it%26#039;s submitted is not the only thing that can affect when you get the money. I think some deductions can be looked at closely so that could be a reason. I had submitted mine early on 1/21 and it was accepted by 9am so I was hoping to get it last week. First it said I would get it by 2/2 and then it changed last wednesday and said 2/9 and today it was changed to 2/5 but today it gave a deposit date (which before was blank) and it said I requested the refund to be in two accounts and that it will be sent to my bank on Feb 5 and not to contact the irs again before feb 10 because there is nothing they can do before that date. I had also called the IRS again last night and she also told me it was schedule for direct deposit Feb 5 so I think this is my real date. You may need to talk to a live person. Also, the first time I called- last week- I had been told there was a small error which had been corrected.|||Lots of people are having their refund dates pushed back a week or more. There are various reasons. TaxAct, for example, had an error in their software when filling out Form M (make work pay credit) which caused countless returns to be kicked over to error resolution. Still others didn%26#039;t claim the credit when they should have. If you claimed EIC, those returns are scrutinized more carefully. And still in other cases, the IRS gets overwhelmed and falls behind.





I%26#039;ve learned over the years to never believe the e-cycle refund charts. I only count on the money when I see it reflected in my bank balance.|||I filed on the 20th and was accepted on the 21st. All along WMR said %26quot;processing%26quot; and should be dd on Feb 9. Today I check it and it said it has been processed and will be direct deposited on Feb 5. (besides that, they said they had to make a correction and I%26#039;m getting 300 dollars more...whew hew!|||The same has happen to and a million others. I don%26#039;t know what to make of all this. It is so sad that all these people are having this problem and nobody knows why. This the worst tax year i have ever seen. My son and I filed at the same time and he has gotten his refund.|||I was bumped back to 2/23 and there is no explanation why other than %26quot;processing delays%26quot;, I had no code associated with it, just that message.