Sunday 5 June 2011

Does changing a website structure also effect how the search engines (ie.. google) display their resaults?

we have good resaults when searching google but now we are thinking to redo the website..what do you think? will this effect our google standings?|||definitely will have some effect and you will see you are out of the index for some time. but no need to worry cause it only takes a few weeks. that happen to me recently. when I check on the google webmaster central all my internal link is gone. my ranking also gone. I think it is around two weeks. but until now I still can%26#039;t figure out why I lose my ranking on ASK. I have 2 or 3 top three ranking. so I lost some traffic from them. but I won%26#039;t worry about it. I am confident with experience I will get the knowledge why it happen.





I believe google put some time to reindex new redesigned site when it found some major structure changes although the content is still the same. anyhow the page rank is still there. so don%26#039;t worry about. if you think new design or layout could help in term of seo and usability make it quickly as possible as you can when you have realise it. hope that helps a bit.