Wednesday 26 October 2011

Do I need to re-build my website if i change a web hoster?

I am going to build a website for my small business. I may change the web hoster if I am not satified. But I am not sure whether there is any problem cause when I change the hoster. For example: can my code be transfer too? Do I need to re-build my website? I will have tons of pictures in my website, do I need to re-upload them if i change the web hoster?



Thanks.Do I need to re-build my website if i change a web hoster?Hi Janet,



You should check out Microsoft Office Live Small Business. It is an easy-to-use website building service with excellent customer support. You can transfer your existing web page to this new host very easily. There are great features, such as the ability to set up e-mail accounts with your custom domain name (such as Janet@Janet%26amp;Co.com).



To learn more about Office Live Small Business, check out http://smallbusiness.officelive.com/en-u…



Cheers,

Isabella

MSFT Office Live Outreach Team
Do I need to re-build my website if i change a web hoster?
Yes, everything can be transferred.



Yes, you'll need to upload files to the new server.



Some web hosts will do this for you to thank you for moving to them. If not, you'll have to manually back up databases and download your files from the old host. Then you'll need to restore the databases and upload the files to the new site.



Depending on the type of hosting you use and the control panels used by different hosts, sometimes things are different. For example, they might have a different version of the programming language so things won't work. Or they might force prefixes on database names, so all calls to the database will stop working.



I've transferred plenty of websites from one host to another. It's easy for me because I know how to bypass those problems. Here's what I do, and my suggestion for you if you use Linux hosting.



I host websites with web hosts that use cPanel like hostgator.com (my recommendation after 10 years of doing this). In addition to having the same database prefix rules and other settings the same, cPanel has a very handy whole-site backup where it'll back up your files, databases, and settings. Then the new host can access that backup, and shazzam, you're up and running :)
Do I need to re-build my website if i change a web hoster?
No, you don't need to rebuild your website.



As an experienced webmaster I recommend BH web hosting which I’m sure it would work for you and fulfill all your requirements. They have a really great offer for hosting %26amp; I have used them for over 3 yrs now, and have never had a single problem with them.



You can reach reviews about this web hosting provider and its latest DISCOUNT COUPONS at:



http://www.threehosts.com/business/1st



Only $3.95 /month (with discount coupon)



******IMPORTANT********

* This service was awarded the “Best Business Web Hosting OF The Year”.

*****************************



Hope this helps.
  • medium hair
  • how to deal with break up
  •