Monday 17 October 2011

How can I add one picture or one change to my website without having to upload the entire site?

I use a wysiwyg web software. I am happy with it. But if I add one new product with a picture to one page, and just ftp that page over the old page, it changes everything on the page. This makes me have to upload the entire site everytime I make a change. Is there a way I can do this without having to upload the whole site everytime?How can I add one picture or one change to my website without having to upload the entire site?Yes, like Derick says, learn HTML. You're already using what you call wysiwyg software. All you should have to do is (1) edit the html for the web page on which the image resides, changing the %26lt;img%26gt; specs and (2) upload the edited html and the new pic.



Of course, if the pic is floated or otherwise imbedded in the text of the page, then you'll have to learn css, too, to either

(1) add a style=%26quot;...%26quot; value to the %26lt;img%26gt; element or

(2) add %26lt;style%26gt; ... %26lt;/style%26gt; statements to the %26lt;head%26gt; ... %26lt;/head%26gt; segment of your html file or

(3) add a %26lt;link ... /%26gt; to an external .css file in the %26lt;head%26gt; ... %26lt;/head%26gt; section of your html



See there? Yer in for some %26quot;larnin%26quot;
How can I add one picture or one change to my website without having to upload the entire site?
If I were you, I would learn HTML...



I hate website editors. They always mess up my sites.