Wednesday 26 October 2011

New Design for website. What do you think needs changing?

I've been trying to create a new design for my website - I've had a recent graphic block but a website inspired me to do something different.



Anyone I would ask is away so I'm stuck... http://letters-to-you.com/Olivia/SashaAn鈥?/a>



That's the image. If it's not quite right I'd love to know what you'd change - and also, what do you think of the font? I want it to stand out, I tried lots of different colours but that's the best I could come up with... also the one person who was around thought the image of the girl needed to be lightened but my thoughts were that if it was too light then it wouldn't stand out.



Thanks in advanced :)



Btw, even if you're not into Graphic Design or whatever a simple opinion will do just fine :) *blushes*New Design for website. What do you think needs changing?It's actually pretty nice. The picture of the girl is fine, but if you do lighten it I think it would bring her face out a little more which would then make it stand out more. The font style is fine, but the color blends too much with the scenery.



Just checked it out again and it is much better. You're well on your way.
New Design for website. What do you think needs changing?
I would do the font in red, to match the flowers. Place it on top, near the horizon to make it stand out. Do, please, lighten the photo. Don't worry about it standing out, it will. It is more important to unify the whole image. As long as you have that border around the girl's photo, it won't get lost.
New Design for website. What do you think needs changing?
I like the last one,don't change anything else.it's really nice and the photo is fine.in the first one it was the background that was too dark,she's a beautiful child.tell us about the site.
I'd get rid of the background image in the girl's pic and make it a solid color, maybe light yellow so it will look like the sun. Keep it a circle. She'll stand out more and the BG won't clash with the banner BG. I think you can find a nicer field of flowers pic for the banner; it's ugly and clashes with the pretty girl. I like the font in 2nd link best.
Taking a look at your last shot, your title and subtitle fonts do not stand out together with the little girl image. You'll need to enhance that.



The background's fine though.