Wednesday 26 October 2011

I bought webhosting & a domain but Ive changed my intended website use, is it possible to use another domain?

Back in January I bought a hosting and a domain that I intended to use as a business. However for various personal reasons I cannot begin this business, so I'd like to, if its possible, use the website I bought to document a hobby of mine. If I paid for a new domain name, would I be able to do this?I bought webhosting %26amp; a domain but Ive changed my intended website use, is it possible to use another domain?I am assuming you want to host your new domain with the domain hosting your bought from the service provider. You can do this you just have to contact your service provider to ask them for help on doing so since I have no way of knowing who you are using. Ask them they will be happy to help. :-)
I bought webhosting %26amp; a domain but Ive changed my intended website use, is it possible to use another domain?
If you bought another name i dont see a problem.
I bought webhosting %26amp; a domain but Ive changed my intended website use, is it possible to use another domain?
It can't be done. You will have to register and purchase a new domain. Sorry, but it's the way it is.
Yup, all you have to do is buy a new domain and then aim it at the server (webhosting) that you are using. You probably have to know the nameservers which you can obtain from your hosting service if you don't already know.
the best thing to do is ask the web hosting and domain company if you can do what you would like to do... they are the ones to ask this question...
Should not be a problem