Friday 7 October 2011

When I remake a website keeping the domain name but changing subdomains, will it effect my searchengine rank?

I am currently redesigning a website which is getting a full revamp. My question is, when I redesign pages and change the names of subdomains will it effect how the site ranks on search engines? I will be keeping the meta tags the same but could also possibly be changing the webhost. Any help and information anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.When I remake a website keeping the domain name but changing subdomains, will it effect my searchengine rank?Switching web hosts will not effect your ranking but changing sub-domain names will.



It will take the search engines a few months to pick up on the new sub-domain names so if you must change the name I suggest using a redirect instead of deleting that sub domain all together. Once your new subdomain names are ranking with the search engines then you can remove the redirect (if) you want to.



Changing the content will also effect it, for better or for worse, it depends on your situation.

Here is the host i use and their awesome :)

http://secure.hostgator.com/cgi-bin/affi鈥?/a>



Good Luck!
When I remake a website keeping the domain name but changing subdomains, will it effect my searchengine rank?
My answer is Yes, Your PR can be go down because search engines decide PR according to Back links and Page content not from meta tags.. If you do not change subdomains and content ( design can change ) then there will be no problem in Page Rank or Search engine rank



I hope it helps you.