Wednesday 26 October 2011

How do you change an existing website domain name?

I have a current domain name and my host site is weebly.com, but my domain is through Fatcow.com. How would I change my domain to a different name with out paying money, and without keeping my existing one? Also, I do not care if I lose information.How do you change an existing website domain name?if you don't want your current domain name, just don't renew it when it due.



and you will have to register a new domain name with the hosting company like hostgator or godaddy, etc.



you can't exchange existing domain name to a new one.
How do you change an existing website domain name?
Hello,



Many domain name registrars have the option of %26quot;auto-renew%26quot; of domain names. Most people will want to renew their domain names, therefore this is usually welcomed. Therefore, if you don't want to renew the domain name, contact your registrar and let them know that you will not be renewing you domain name. You can always register a new domain name and point it to your website's IP address.



Good Luck!





Ryan Bradley

Junior Server Engineer

HostMySite.com

http://hostmysite.com/?utm_source=bb