Monday 17 October 2011

How do I edit an existing website?

I have just started to working for a company that has an existing website that I need to edit. The file is on our server and I can get to it, make my changes and save it, but it is not publishing the changes on the website itself. Do I need to contact the web host to get any information to take control of this website? Thanks for any solutions!!How do I edit an existing website?This depends on where are your files hosted. In other words, is the website served directly from your company's server or is it hosted on another server ? if it's the first, then you should consider the answer that tackled the cache thing. Otherwise, you need to %26quot;upload%26quot; the file from your company's server to where it is hosted using either FTP or any other tool the hosting company provides.

Hope this helps.
How do I edit an existing website?
There must a cache folder that you have to refresh.. look around for a folder called %26quot;Cache%26quot; and delete everything there is in that folder, then see if the changes work..



NOTE: take a backup before you make any changes to your server!