Wednesday 26 October 2011

How To make changes to My website?

Hi,

I own a website and wanted to add blogs feature to it. I've posted the project on a web design forum and a few people agreed to do the job. I don't know who these people are. Do I actually have to let them into my website files control panel so that they can work with them or is there another way? How do I protect my files in case they mess them up?

Thank you,

RobertHow To make changes to My website?Why don't you let them give you the files of your blog then upload it yourself. Then what ever sql you are using you can configure your self pretty easy using PhpmyAdmin or something else like that. Then the crew that made it can give you instructions on installing it. :) On the protecting thing that would be pretty hard. Just do backups, If you have Cpanel or do a google search on how to backup server files. Then if you deleted a file or messed something up you can reupload it from your PC.
How To make changes to My website?
the coding/file that is needed to set up a blog can be made outside the website ,but to actually get the blog feature on the site it has to be uploaded through the FTP (website files control panel). so one of you have to do it. To protect the files simply copy and past them (all of them!) onto your own PC ,so if any thing goes wrong you can always replace the files on the FTP. or you could just add a forum to your site. which you can find for free if you look on google
  • database
  • with baby boy names
  •