Saturday 24 September 2011

How do I change the website text? is this an image or text?

Hi



I downloaded a free CSS XHTML website template and its on my site www.windaytrader.com and I need to change the phone number (top right of the page) and some of the tab text words but I can't seem to do it.



I can change most of the text in Dreamweaver but some of it seems to be as part of the actual image, maybe a layer or something, is there a software program that could let me edit the whole image to change the text?



Thanks



10 points best answerHow do I change the website text? is this an image or text?Dude, you gonna have to do some patchwork here since you don't sound like a webmaster.

Easiest way is to hide away the object with some image or text.

In Dreamweaver, Go to Insert- Layout objects - AP Div

This will give you new layer, place it over the unwanted object.

Again go to Insert - Image

Locate and place some image (same sized or larger) there.

Make sure you also paste this image in your 'images' folder which you gonna upload to te server.
How do I change the website text? is this an image or text?
Hav elooked at your site and cannot see the image with phone number.



However with Dreamweaver you can insert a layer over the part of the image that has the phonenumber and then insert the correct number.



make sure your layer here as a higher z index than other layers as this will ensure it is prominent.



You might also be ale to insert a text box over the photo but a layer is best. you can change the background colour and experiemnt with the text layout.
How do I change the website text? is this an image or text?
You have a problem. Your page doesn't look right from any other computer because you're using static links to a location on your hard drive. I'd work on that first. Try using relative links.



As for changing images, that's a bit difficult to do, unless you're pretty skilled with image manipulation software.