Wednesday 21 September 2011

I changed the title name, keywords and description of my website but when my site still appears with the same ?

I updated my website by changing the title name, keywords and descriptions (meta names) of my website but still in google and yahoo search result still display the old version. Even the old URLs that do not exist still show up. According to Google support, my site has been crawled a few days already. Should I just wait for a few more crawls? or is that something I have to do?I changed the title name, keywords and description of my website but when my site still appears with the same ?Yes, wait longer. There is a difference between crawling and caching. Your website is crawled more often than it is cached - especially if your website is relatively new or doesn't have very many external links pointing to it.



If you want to help the process move along better, you should 301 redirect the old URLs to the new ones. Visit this page for more information about 301 redirects and how to implement them



http://www.google.com/support/webmasters鈥?/a>