Wednesday 21 September 2011

How do I point a website to another one?

I'm making a website for my church, which already has an old site.

I've made the entire new site, but my church wants to use the old domain name. How do I make so that my new website has the domain name of the old website?



I know it involves pointing the old website to the new website and changing the nameservers, but nothing more than that. And how do you change the nameservers? Can you change the nameservers via a ftp client?How do I point a website to another one?to do this all you have to do is forward the new domain with the old domain example if you have godaddy go to your domain manager click on your old domain and then you will see different options at the top, click on forward once you click on forward it will ask you the site you want to forward this domain to so you will type in the new domain name that way when they type the old domain it will to the new domain it usually takes about 4-6 hours before it takes affect. Here is the proof that it works go to www.fastcreditcardapprovals.com and then go to www.creditfinancialservice.com it goes to the same site. Good luck