Wednesday 21 September 2011

How do you change a website's address?

I don't know if that is correct terminology, but my roommate made it so whenever I try to log onto facebook, it takes me to yahoo. I gave him my password once so he could look up something for me, now he's trying to play a joke. :-| I'm not laughing. I've seen this done once, but I forgot how to do it. Can anyone help me switch it back.How do you change a website's address?only thing I can think of is something called the %26quot;hosts%26quot; file usually its found under /windows/system32/drivers/etc



see if theres a line with either yahoo/facebook or

204.15.20.81 (facebooks ip address)



if you find it delete it or ad a # in from to comment it out, save, restart your machine and you should be good
How do you change a website's address?
haha. pretty clever of your friend--i never would have thought of it. glad it worked! :)

Report Abuse